Thursday, March 22, 2012

Math Flashcards in triangle form

I am NOT a math person.  Numbers don't come easily to me.  I get a splitting headache from just thinking of concepts higher than 6x6=36.  I have found math to be much more enjoyable through more hands-on activities.  So I love manipulatives that are a little out-of-the-norm.  Cue the Math Facts Triangle Cards.  They are not your usual flashcards. 


Here is my full review on Currclick.com:
I've seen something extremely similar to these in my local teacher's store and had a episode of sticker shock (yikes! They're high!). So I went home and made my own. I've made the addition and subtraction facts from 5-11 but have been too busy/lazy to make the other fact cards. When I saw this product I knew I had to have it. It's simple and straight forward: print out the cards, cut them out and laminate if you choose (it makes it super sturdy but the corners are really sharp....keep away from wee ones) and use them with your kids. The first page of the download offers suggestion for using the cards. I've already used one of the suggestions with my homemade cards. I would get some post-it notes and cut off the sticky part and use it to cover up one of the numbers on the card. My kids are able to play with the cards on their own and check their guesses by just pulling off the post-it note. For variety I ask them to stick the paper back on but over a different number. That way the next time we play we can pull them out and go (and sometimes I shuffle the deck.....just in case they've memorized the sequence). I do love my homemade cards but I have come to love this set too. I didn't have to go through the trouble of measuring, cutting and marking the pieces. I just print, cut and use. My only con is that I wish the "cards" were a little bigger. Other than that, they're perfect for homeschool use. Oh, and you can't beat the price. We love them and now that my kindergartener is advancing to addition and subtraction, she is looking forward to using these cards like her older sister.


Like I said, they are easy to use and comes in addition/subtraction and multiplication and division.  Check them out when you get a chance.

Addition and Subtraction Facts 11-20

Addition and Subtraction Facts to 10

Multiplication and Division Facts to 12


No comments:

Post a Comment