Thursday, February 9, 2012

Using Pintrest for homeschooling

Okay.  You have to know that if you make a blog post with Pintrest and homeschooling in the same title that you might be a Pintrest addict.  Guilty.  But so you know; I am not the only one who's blogged on the topic.  Simple Homeschool Blog made a great post. about the same topic but in a different flair.  They have it more like a beginner how-to. 

My personal Pintrest Boards are filled with homeschooling ideas and more.  Here are some great ideas for your Pintrest boards.
*Classroom Ideas. Decorating, organizing and dreaming for my new schoolroom later this year.
*Math ideas.  Since Pintrest is very visual the ideas will likely be more hands-on. I have had great success with the homemade math manipulatives from other pinners.
*History and Geography.  Maps, timeline ideas, period costumes, finger puppets.  I just love the ideas that flow from there
*Homeschooling Blogs.  I have been introduced to some of my favorite homeschooling blogs this way.
*Language Arts.  Printables, worksheets, Games, learning crafts, notebooking paper.  Language Arts is really a broad topic.
*Preschool and Kindergarten.  I have a whole board devoted to the little ones.  They involve so much more hands-on activities.  Especially for ones that don't preform well with traditional teaching methods.
*Holidays.  Oddly enough, I have a board for holidays.  You can get really detailed in holiday studies and there are ideas galore.  A paradise for craft lovers.  :)
*Science.  Some experiment ideas and homemade model ideas. 
*Gift ideas and other practical homemaking ideas.  Let's be honest, homemaking is a subject that must be addressed.  Our children need to know how to function outside the home on their own when they leave the nest.  Being able to make gifts, cook, decorate, sew, organize are valueable skills.  I have found very helpful ideas on Pintrest that has-- believe it or not-- made my life easier.

I've also found pins for lapbooking, notebooking, crafts, art projects, printables, file folder games.  I could go on and on.  It's a homeschooling mom's dream come true!

I take time about once a month and go over my boards for new and fresh ideas to add to my home or my homeschooling.  You may wish to adopt the same method or just when the need arises.  I love being able to access my already pinned ideas and viewing pins of others.  I have them nealy organized by category and can look them up instantly. 


Some of my successful and favorite pins:

LOVE this idea
http://pinterest.com/pin/29343835041900391/
On my "Homeschool Math" board.  I even made some for 3 digits and 6 digits.  My kiddos love them!

Using Duplos...this would make a nice task box
Also in my "Homeschool Math" board.  Great idea for kids who are very visual and hands-on.

Reading corner...Ikea 3.99 spice racks
From the "Homeschool Stuff" board.  Great for a reading area.
Ice Cream Compound Words
"Homeschool Langauage Arts" board.  A cute file folder game for compound words.



I've got a few more blog links if you want to learn more.
http://www.examiner.com/homeschooling-in-mankato/using-pinterest-to-stock-your-homeschool-idea-toolbox

http://www.meetpenny.com/2011/07/what-is-pinterest/

http://www.confessionsofaslackermom.com/fun-things-to-do/the-ultimate-guide-to-pinterest
This one even has a long list of homeschooling pinners you can follow.


Happy Homeschool and Pinning!!


Scroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to TopScroll to Top

No comments:

Post a Comment