Thursday, June 30, 2011

My First Blog Post!

Welcome to my homeschool blog.  It is sure to be interesting; both to you and me.  With this being my first blog, bear with me.  I'm new at this.  My mission is to help other homeschool moms --new and veteran-- along their journey of homeschooling and possibly help them save money along the way.  To give you a little background about myself:  I was a homeschooled child myself.  No, I am not scared by my upbringing or education and lack of socialization.  My homeschool journey began in 1997 as a homeschool student until my graduation in 2002.  In 2002 I also married my best friend who was also homeschooled.  Imagine that.  After eight years of marriage we have three daughters ages 7, 4 and 6 weeks and 3 years of homeschooling under our belt.  Yes, throw a newborn in there and life gets crazy.
I don't have a particular homeschooling philosophy that I follow.  I guess that's why they call me an eclectic homeschooler.  I will update and post anything that I see interesting and can benefit the homeschool community.  But warning to you:  I have little ones, so my posts my lean more toward homeschoolers with children in the elementary grades.  So subscribe and enjoy the ride!  I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment